Anyway, HF4F is a list of five things that you're grateful for, looking forward to, excited about, or whatever from the last week. It's a little reminder that what I have is good. It's easy to think there's nothing to be grateful for if you never look back to see it all and how it worked out. This is me trying to do better. And besides that, my weeks have seriously been flying by -- I feel like I need to take a couple seconds to reflect now and again.
1. We haven't been able to go hammocking ('ham mocking' is a suggested spelling correction for this... yeah, that too, I guess) for a while because something mysterious happened to the ropes it came with. Glen looked up what he could make to fix this problem and found whoopie slings! They're amazing and Glen's even more amazing for making them! After, he confessed to loving projects and I confessed to loving that (I think that's a classic category 5 resolution).
2. I successfully taught a ballroom full of people a dance that I was taught only two weeks ago. Mind you, the moves are simple and the music isn't too fast. Still, it's the small stuff and me overcoming my natural desire to go to the back of the room and teach the kids how to really play tag.
3. I started learning French again. I took a beginner's class at FCC like four years ago and I just never went anywhere with it after. I've felt annoyed with it because I've learned parts of several languages (Spanish, French, Marshallese, Hawaiian) and never waded through any of them long enough to actually get by. Hopefully I can change that soon.
4. Since I don't have a regular job, the day of the week is really a mystery to me until it's brought to my attention. I remembered it's Friday by myself this week though! That might not seem like it's worthy of being one of the five things and that might be true.
5. Every Friday night, we go to Seven Brothers to end our date night because I'm currently working for the owner (in a different capacity -- campaign, not restaurant) and he's Samoan. Which isn't obviously translated this way by much of the world, but means we get fed. Whenever, whatever we're doing -- you better believe food is either there or on its way no matter how full you say you are. I enjoy this unforeseen plus to my employment status change a few weeks ago.
And that's that. Life is weird, all the to-dos and forgotten stuff worry my brain almost constantly. I feel like this small list of remembrance of the good will encourage a larger change in my daily attitude.
I love life and sometimes I forget it; I hope this helps.
Aloha Friday!


No comments:
Post a Comment