03 October 2014

High Five for Friday: Busy, Busy

Aloha! This week, a lot of things fell apart for me and my new job as an executive secretary to a campaign manager here in Hawai'i. Truthfully, it was agonizing to see so many different lines on my to-do list increase into pages of to-do's. It all culminated yesterday afternoon for about five hours. So, my week went extremely slow and super fast all at once. There was no time and too little time because I really just didn't want to deal with any of it and knew that I had to anyway.

Through it all, here are my five "high-fives" from the week that is thankfully behind me now:

1. We unintentionally saw the Blue Angels in Honolulu last Saturday! We were winding down our practice for the flash mob I've been coordinating/co-teaching in town and this crazy noise started shaking the building! That may be an exaggeration, but it was slightly terrifying. We all went outside after the initial fear subsided and gathered in the parking lot to wave stupidly because obviously they look for people in random parking lots squealing excitedly over the experience. Duh.

2. Almost all of that stuff that blew up in my face this week was solved by the sweet, sweet support and service of others! I love the willingness of others to help in times of need even when it costs them time, money and effort! It is extremely humbling to see the answers of prayers come so quickly -- even though it felt like ages while I was stewing in the mess.

3. Today, a flash mob for the campaign I'm working on occurred on the streets of Honolulu and I coordinated it... I couldn't decide whether to throw-up or laugh. Both will probably happen by the end of this freaking campaign and I mean that in the most loving way (I think).

4. I ate escargot today. For real, Glen and I both did. We attended a campaign fundraiser dinner because my boss and his wife couldn't make it and sent us in their stead. It was a fancy place... we're talking four dollar-signs on Yelp, Waikiki shoreline, no choice but valet kind of event. Anyway, we took one of everything, as you do, and this beautiful, dark, creamy hors d'oeuvre went into my mouth dripping in delicious sauce. I told Glen to eat one because it was good. A little while later, a waiter comes around offering escargot to people and I quickly said to myself that's disgusting and turned my back on him. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be that beautiful, dark, creamy thing I said was good minutes before. I almost threw up and then ate another one.

5. General Conference is this weekend!! That's kind of amazing, right? Half of an entire year has passed since Spring's gathering and I can't believe it yet. I'm sure it'll hit me when I'm 68, but until then, I'm peeing my pants because I don't have enough time to stop for a potty break. Ah.

Have a great General Conference weekend, I'll be making goodies, making Halloween decorations, composing emails, cleaning our apartment and doing laundry while observing because I don't have time to just do one thing. I'll probably make it to the end of this year, there are only a couple doubts :)

And this (again) is from The Lauren Elizabeth's blog.

A hui hou

No comments:

Post a Comment