18 March 2014

The Year of the Horse has Begun.

Time has gotten away from us here. It is March. We have been busy. Mostly doing really fun things or really boring things. Exciting stuff.


The first week we were back from Christmas in CA, we went to the beach and made toes. Originally, we were going for an architectural wonder of arches with cool designs on them and whatever else came to fruition as we dug on. When it started getting chilly, we veered ever so slightly from that visionary masterwork and made toes.


Nailed it.


There was some crazy wave storm that was supposed to hit early January. It was not as big a deal as was expected, but it still produced surging seas and elevated tides. Glen and I were super busy that week or weekend or whatever it was, meaning we didn't get to see much of it.  We ended up going to La'ie Point for a sight of some action anyway and found some monstrous waves were still here.


These pictures kind of can't tell you what we saw if you don't know the Point and its usual sea level/wave action. Maybe it can, I can't tell. All I can say is, there was a ton of sea mist and deafening booms from the waves hitting the rocks (boulders? barren islands? I'm, not sure what to call them).


We play in our front yard, which we share with 30 other couples. None of which are shown in this picture because they are rarely out there. We're going to miss having those coconut trees to set up our slacklines and hammocks when we move.
By the way, that girl in the hammock and that boy closest to her are totally engaged now! Woohoo!


For the pre-med club on campus, we had an opening social at Hukilau park. We cooked all day for it and then finally were out of the house with this beautiful sunset.


This child is seriously the best one I know. The only thing I can compare him to is a honey badger. He just goes, you know?
"Oh you tripped and fell on your face into a bunch of pine needles and those deathly, tiny foot-penetraters?"
"Yeah, so? I got my tennis ball. Life's all right."
Inconceivable.


I babysat him for a bit while his parents were in between sitters and took him to the PCC. He didn't really get the whole picture time thing. I like to call this one the "Ah, forget it" photo. Beautifully choreographed by Sawyer and some Maori.


These birds! They are my third favorite. Right behind the red-butt/mohawk birds and Plovers. They're always in pairs, so adorable. Although, most birds here are in at least pairs. I'm pretty sure they think it's mating season year-round because the weather doesn't really change.


And I call this one the "I don't know what to do with my hands" shot.


As previously mentioned, that couple (Jorey & Lauren) are engaged!!! And we helped with the proposal portion of their date a couple of weeks ago. We set up a blanket with some dessert and floating lanterns on it with candles circling it. It was seriously romantic. And this shot of me was taken before I got my first mosquito bite.


This one was right after I got it.


Funny story to go along with that evening! Right when J&L were coming up the beach, this guy with 2 dogs comes traipsing along too. As he walked by, he saw me in a hole trying to take pictures of J proposing to L (Although, I didn't get any because the dogs came and barked at my face and then my camera battery died. High five!), which must have looked kind of weird. Not really though, right? I mean, there was a clear proposal going on! After all was done and Glen & I not-so-sneakily left the lovebirds, the dog guy came up to them and asked them if they knew there was some girl in a hole taking pictures of them... awk.

Until next time, Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment