Okay, so babies don't normally gravitate to Glen at first. It may be due to his height or maybe his perfectly straight teeth. I am the human children like first out of the two of us probably because I'm short and have crooked teeth :) But can we just talk about how much Kai loved Glen right from the beginning? It was interesting to have Glen hold a child and never once whisper something like, "Oh, Breanna! You wanna hold her? Take her, she wants you." I was so proud of him haha. Truly, I was. Don't get me wrong, I love holding babies and being relatively good with them, but it was fun to see Glen love a baby so much simply because she was content in his embrace. It is a prime-time embrace. She was rarely away from his body, the cutest.
If you haven't figured it out yet, we went to PCC in the afternoon and had an awesome time! Thomas and Sharolyn's nephew came along with us. He got a much needed chief tattoo from the Fiji village on his leg and one on his face from the Tahiti village. He was very proud of them, and rightfully so.
A group picture with the island of the long white cloud. We didn't get around to all of the activities in the villages, but the company was superb and the laughter was rampant. We love them!
Look at her! She is so adorable and relaxed. Her name is a beautiful description of not only her parents' happiness to receive her, but of her sweet personality. We can't wait to visit with her again in December.
On a lame note, one of the coconut trees in the courtyard of our apartment building suddenly died. It seriously went brown and then frond-less in a couple days. Such a sad experience. We woke to the sound of it crashing to the ground.
That was our main anchoring tree for slacking; not that we could anymore anyway (housing forbade us to do it because it was too dangerous...excuse me, but you have rust holes in your playground equipment, I'm pretty sure my piece of rope is safer than that crap), but it felt like a piece of my experiences here was being chain-sawed and hauled away to a dump. Lovely.
Just look at Kai's face again; if you're as annoyed at the last part as I am it makes you feel better about the world. We were so happy to have met her and reunited with Thomas and Sharolyn. And if you can believe it, Kai is even cuter in person.
Aloha









No comments:
Post a Comment