While studying for my history class the other day, I realized something.
I don't know how to memorize for very long periods of time.
Which is a real bummer when you get to the testing center to find
you're out of time because the test closed right when you got there.
That is the moment of utter disappointment and crying.
Sure, midterms aren't important eternally, not even major-ally in this case.
But after studying for eight consecutive hours today, I expect to write my several essays
and spend my night worrying about the results I cannot change.
But I suffer at home wondering if I will even remember what I have studied for long enough.
Well, I did remember with another couple hours of studying and took the midterm the next day.
So, hopefully I remembered enough to get a grade that is worth all of that.
On more school thoughts, I was looking over my graduation information and noticed that
I will either have to stay longer than expected at BYU-H, or go on to graduate school.
You see, in some States you must graduate with at least 150 credit hours to qualify
for jobs in the accounting world.
I will graduate with less than 140
(unless I pull off an awesome GPA with more 16+ credit semesters, which is doubted).
So I either stay and get the 150 or go to UH-Manoa for a year and get a Masters in Accountancy.
I would say definitely the Master's dealy, but I want babies.
Everyone here is pregnant. Excluding the ridiculous prices of Hawaii, we're baby-hungry.
I'm not saying it's impossible. I know that we could do it without a doubt.
It's just the daunting nature of the whole thing that has made me shy away from it.
Worries said, we're leaving it to a greater mind than ours to decide.
Beyond school ,we haven't really been up to much lately.
I know, we are really boring Hawaii residents;
but, more importantly, we are trying our best to be really good students.
Plus, we don't have a waterproof camera and it has been on and off
horrendous rain here, so we'd rather not ruin our camera.
But...
We did get to see The Piano Guys.
They were way cool and made this video while here, which is pretty cool.
Especially since I actually have been to the places.
We also went to our ward farm for a service project a while back.
A centipede crawled on my leg!
I cried later, when Glen and I were alone.
I was so scared; my body was shaking.
I killed it though, so it turned out okay in the end.
The good things that came out of it:
I cleaned up around the farm area and the boys put up a shelter thing for the new tractor.
There are always fat pigs running rampant through the farm.
They eat all of our hard work and trample the rest.
The boys found one and chased it down, getting quite raucous with the situation
and hurting themselves on things they probably would have seen otherwise.
But, they finally got the little guy.
After skinning it and making a fire, we roasted lunch.
Through the farm, the temple looks beautiful.
I love the temple.
It is one of God's most precious gifts to us on Earth.
To go inside and partake of the Spirit that resides in each of the Lord's houses
is to feel the love of God without restraint.
In other news, I am going to be an accounting tutor starting in April/May
because I have been doing well in my classes.
Back to studying, I suppose.
We love you all.
I don't know how to memorize for very long periods of time.
Which is a real bummer when you get to the testing center to find
you're out of time because the test closed right when you got there.
That is the moment of utter disappointment and crying.
Sure, midterms aren't important eternally, not even major-ally in this case.
But after studying for eight consecutive hours today, I expect to write my several essays
and spend my night worrying about the results I cannot change.
But I suffer at home wondering if I will even remember what I have studied for long enough.
Well, I did remember with another couple hours of studying and took the midterm the next day.
So, hopefully I remembered enough to get a grade that is worth all of that.
On more school thoughts, I was looking over my graduation information and noticed that
I will either have to stay longer than expected at BYU-H, or go on to graduate school.
You see, in some States you must graduate with at least 150 credit hours to qualify
for jobs in the accounting world.
I will graduate with less than 140
(unless I pull off an awesome GPA with more 16+ credit semesters, which is doubted).
So I either stay and get the 150 or go to UH-Manoa for a year and get a Masters in Accountancy.
I would say definitely the Master's dealy, but I want babies.
Everyone here is pregnant. Excluding the ridiculous prices of Hawaii, we're baby-hungry.
I'm not saying it's impossible. I know that we could do it without a doubt.
It's just the daunting nature of the whole thing that has made me shy away from it.
Worries said, we're leaving it to a greater mind than ours to decide.
Beyond school ,we haven't really been up to much lately.
I know, we are really boring Hawaii residents;
but, more importantly, we are trying our best to be really good students.
Plus, we don't have a waterproof camera and it has been on and off
horrendous rain here, so we'd rather not ruin our camera.
But...
We did get to see The Piano Guys.
They were way cool and made this video while here, which is pretty cool.
Especially since I actually have been to the places.
We also went to our ward farm for a service project a while back.
A centipede crawled on my leg!
I cried later, when Glen and I were alone.
I was so scared; my body was shaking.
I killed it though, so it turned out okay in the end.
The good things that came out of it:
I cleaned up around the farm area and the boys put up a shelter thing for the new tractor.
There are always fat pigs running rampant through the farm.
They eat all of our hard work and trample the rest.
The boys found one and chased it down, getting quite raucous with the situation
and hurting themselves on things they probably would have seen otherwise.
But, they finally got the little guy.
After skinning it and making a fire, we roasted lunch.
Through the farm, the temple looks beautiful.
I love the temple.
It is one of God's most precious gifts to us on Earth.
To go inside and partake of the Spirit that resides in each of the Lord's houses
is to feel the love of God without restraint.
In other news, I am going to be an accounting tutor starting in April/May
because I have been doing well in my classes.
Back to studying, I suppose.
We love you all.
Perhaps you have already researched this, but have you looked into the regular BYU continuing ed classes? Do they offer enough hours that would count? I'm thinking maybe you apply continuing ed classes to your degree from BYU-H? They offer so many online now. Grant needed to take several towards graduation after I graduated and we left Provo. I'm wondering if a counselor there in H could help you set up the extra hours through continuing ed so you could take them and live anywhere while finishing? Just a thought.. good luck!
ReplyDeleteI have not thought about it at all actually. Thanks for the suggestion! I will be in Hawaii for a year after I graduate waiting for Glen to graduate, so that's one of the reasons UH is looking very good to us at this point. But we may end up leaving after I graduate; everything is pretty much unknowable right now :) Thanks so much though, I think I'll go talk to my advisers about that.
DeleteBreanna, how i wish i was there to help you with all these, but i first want to tell you how amazing you are and how i know you are such a hard working and that all of it will pay off :) and you also know that I'm, like you are baby hungry haha. i loved how you phrased it. I have no doubt that you are making all the right choices because i know you well that you are always praying about your decisions and i just want you to know that I'm always supporting you and that i love you always!
ReplyDeleteI love my girl Vi! You make me so happy all of the time. I need to call you still... ugh, I hate how school/work get in the way of my conversations with you! Expect it soon though! Midterms are over come Monday for me :)
Delete