Annoyance.
After many hours of strife and struggle, I have my schedule settled.
After many hours of strife and struggle, I have my schedule settled.
It may be three weeks into the semester.
But when a school has international students running 3/4 of it,
there isn't much you can do besides
repeat even more slowly the things you've been saying for days.
It is interesting how people listen for specific word cues and
refuse to listen to the full story the first time around.
It would have taken (maybe) 20 minutes to get what they got done in weeks.
This has nothing to do with what I just said. I just like the picture.
It's from our fishing-capade in Haleiwa. We caught two barracuda for the marine biology team.
We also want a boat.
Spirit.
I do want to say on a happier, inspiring note, we went to a lecture on Thursday.
VISIONEERING
It's a business/life management lecture series that deals with vision.
It's a business/life management lecture series that deals with vision.
We are influenced so heavily by the pictures in our minds.
This is why it is so important to have eternal perspective, seeing your life through
Heavenly Father's eyes.
I know that I can do all, be all, see all because the scriptures say so.
I'm not about to call Nephi or Isaiah a liar.
They told us this stuff so that we can ask for ourselves and gain a personal
testimony of the mysteries of God.
And I know that it is true.
Heavenly Father's eyes.
I know that I can do all, be all, see all because the scriptures say so.
I'm not about to call Nephi or Isaiah a liar.
They told us this stuff so that we can ask for ourselves and gain a personal
testimony of the mysteries of God.
And I know that it is true.
Life.
The Pipe Pro was pretty awesome this past week.
The waves, the waves.
I'm not sure that I can explain them.
The pictures don't do it, so I don't think I can either.
They were HUGE.
I got this picture from the pipe pro website (it shows the wave better than mine does).
If I had a wall of water coming at me like that, I would probably die before it got to me.
We got there at sunset because we went fishing in Haleiwa, so it's hard to see.
But, do you see that bigger than normal surfer out there?
That's a jet ski and it just got dwarfed by that wave!
We made Sopapillas!
If you don't know what that is, I'm sorry.
Look up Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives when he goes to Flagstaff Arizona.
Salsa Brava is awesome.
We went a couple of summers ago and it was delicious!
So, since we can't go again, we made it at home:)
Kalua pork, beans, cheese, cilantro-lime sauce, and it's deep-fried.
Glen's masterfully slack-lining here at Hukilau.
That's our new, wonderful hammock
courtesy of Uncle Robert and Ashley:)
This is by Shark's cove, so beautiful.
Still weird that there are pine trees right by the water in Hawaii.
I mean, you expect it in other places like Oregon or something, but not here.
We are in the season of extreme low tides.
This area is usually filled with water, but it's gone for half the day now.
That's Chinaman's hat out there.
We went fishing closer to it a while back.
We have school, jobs, a beautiful island, and love.
Doing pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment