06 November 2014

Curry & Commemoration

Glen likes to take pictures of me. I like to watch him take pictures of me. I know it's super cheesy, but whatever. My boss' wife (who is so extremely sweet I can barely handle the thought of leaving HI because of it) told me on the way home from town that when Glen is around, my face changes. She can see my love for him and I love that.

We went to watch one of the first swells of the winter season for a lunch date. It was the first time we had been to a beach in weeks; being busy is lame.

In Glen's hand is the remains of what was once an incredible meal. We went to the Fiji Kitchen for some curry love and got it. We went not knowing what to get because everyone said everything was good. My initial reaction to that was get the cheapest thing because duh. We spoke with the lady there about which we should get and she didn't give us any useful advice other than it just depends on our own preference. So, the menu had to make our decision for us.
We ended up with the vegetable curry, which changes with whatever they have that day. It just so happened to be pumpkin and Glen was stoked on it. I went along with his excitement because when Glen gets going he's too cute to say no to haha. I was so glad I went along with it and that it was actually tasty. It also helped that we were extremely hungry.

So, it's been five years as a Gray. Even though I didn't change my name for a year or two. It was just too hard to find the stupid S.S. office and wait in that dreaded line. When I finally looked up where it was on Google which took like three agonizing minutes, drove over there in five spiteful more, and waited behind the only other person in line, I almost just gave up. Isn't it funny how many things are super annoying and take forever until you just do them? That happens to me too much. I should change it somehow... but that's going to take like years of discipline and will probably not be worth it in the end. Get it?

Here is the first thing I think of when I think of each year:

2009-2010: Working together in group homes for mentally challenged adults; learning to serve others above ourselves. I'm sure it helped us give more of ourselves and that is why we are happy and have grown closer in marriage.
2010-2011: Going to Disneyland every week for date night. If you can believe it, we love Disneyland more each time we go. It was our first date and continues to make memories in our marriage. Three of the photos below are actually from the happiest place on earth.
2011-2012: Calling Hawai'i home was never something we expected, but hoped for. For Glen, it was a chance to reunite with his island fever haha. The Marshallese own part of Glen's heart and I love it. For me, it was a chance to get tan again. That and like connecting with roots or whatever.
2012-2013: Really feeling like I was myself again. Maybe this is something to talk about in more lengthy terms and in a different circumstance, but it is what I think of. It brought Glen and I even closer and made our relationship truly flourish. Not to say that we were at all unhappy or having "problems," but happiness is a spectrum, which we are topping off since. It was an internal struggle that we dealt with together, which allowed my trust in Glen to become unshakeable.
2013-2014: I honestly have a million things that reel through my mind because it has truly been the best year so far. I expect each new year to be this way because it has always happened. I'm so grateful for a man of God that has always encouraged me to fill my life with what makes me happy. I could never be this happy alone and that is the true beauty of marriage.

But honestly, who wouldn't be happy in love in a beautiful environment? Here's to another year.

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment