08 November 2014

High Five for Friday: Catching Up

Friday (okay, I know it's Saturday... but just rewind a bit for me here)! How I have longed for this week to come with anticipation surpassing dressing as a burrito on Halloween and entering Chipotle with a smug smirk. Tuesday was election day and we barely made it to the polls because of all the other crap super things I had to accomplish. My boss left for the Philippines to pick up his son who was there on a mission; that left me with a lot of to-do's and a single sentence of instruction: You can do this, I'm trusting you. yay. Wait, was that supposed to tell me something about how I should be doing all the things you told me to in the next 42 hours because I didn't catch that part?
I must have dosed off for the other part of that conversation, but it all got done anyway. Maybe not the way people expected or probably even wanted... but we didn't win anyway (too soon?).
After that campaign was no more, I realized just how much other crap super stuff I had to do for one of my other jobs. In short, I still have some of it to do and now I'm procrastinating. Thrilling, I know.

Anyway, here are five things I'm grateful for this week:

1. My husband of five years. Read it and weep. We turned five Thursday. After a long work day for Glen, we went to Ted's and ate too much food while discussing the highlights of this passed year.

2. I haven't used my phone this little for months. I love not using phones, it's probably one of my favorite pastimes; it's so obnoxious to need your phone with you at all times. Plus, that's just not me (ask Glen about it... he's sure to get heated over my phone never being with me the first year or two of marriage haha). I just want to be with whoever I'm with even when it's just me (let's be honest, especially when it's just me).

3. I've been sniffling for a month because of lack of sleep and probably other things, who knows? Now, I finally have time to just get healthy again. I love sleep health.

4. Marinda (my sisterIL) and Bruce's (my brothah) baby, Bronson was healthy enough to take home! I gave an emotional testimony about it in church last Sunday (embarrassing, obviously). How Bruce has always been such a great father-figure to me especially in times that I was less than good. I turned my life around mostly because of him and I'll always be grateful for it (not to dis all the other much needed help I received in any way because I'm grateful for that too).

5. We're going to town today to hang out with friends!

Thanks for rewinding with me, you can go back to what your clock/calendar tells you is the truth.

Aloha Friday on a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment