For those of you who do not know Glen very well, this is where he went on his mission.
The Marshall Islands
A magical place where land doesn't seem extremely necessary for sustainability of life.
This atoll in particular is Kwajalein.
This large part of it is called Kwajalein Island and it's a military base for the U.S.
The next part of the atoll (above the water divider in center-right) is Ebeye.
Glen served there and we just had people come from there to get sealed in the temple for eternity.
It has been awesome to live so near to the temple that the Marshallese people come to.
We have helped and continue to help in and out of the temple on these special trips.
In ultimate-awesome news:
Glen will go to Kwajelin this November!
His research mentor, Dr. Gold, has invited Glen to go with him.
We feel like Steve, "Excited, excited!"
(It's Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - watch from 9:20)
BYU-H is studying the migratory patterns of several different kinds of birds.

The Hawaiian Golden Plover
This is the bird that Glen will be chasing across the Pacific Ocean in November.
Added bonus: they just so happen to be one of my favorites to watch because their legs move so fast.
I love it.
In other news:
We love not paying full price for things.
It's an addictive sort of sport that holds you by the bellybutton. Scary, I know.
Our second anniversary celebration was based on a Groupon I bought.
We hadn't had time to use it until we had to make time because it was going to expire.
Hawaiian Parasail.
I would definitely recommend them, but only if you have some sort of coupon to take money off of
ridiculous Waikiki prices.
Honolulu in general is catered for people with stupid-money.
Not for people with no money.
We got a 600 ft line, nothing fancy (because that costs extra).
And you get to choose to be dipped in the end or not.
Obviously we did it. Who wouldn't?
Oh yeah, everyone else on our boat... lame.
They really weren't lame, they were all super nice and fun.
Well, except for these three ladies from Asia...
I'm sure they are nice, they were just screaming in terror for most of the trip.
So talking was not on the list of things to do for them.
We could hear them screaming from all of the way up in the air!
It was pretty funny... sad too, but still.
I started my job as an assistant accounting teacher.
The people I work with are super awesome and I get free lunch on Fridays if I wear an Aloha Friday shirt!
Which is easy because they gave me one:)
The shirt is completely too large for my smaller-than-the-average-Hawaiian frame.
Again, "excited!"
We hope all is well with you.
you guys are so cool.
ReplyDelete:) hahaha! Thanks. Congratulations on your newest family member! That is so exciting. We hope you and your family are doing well.
Delete