24 October 2014

High Five for Friday: My Glen

This is a very special Aloha Friday, one that came with haste because of our busier schedules these days. And while today is a HF4F post, it's a bit different because today is.

Glen has been and ever will be my best friend, my companion, my happiness. He has been in my life for a long time, I'm not sure anyone knows the real answer to that, but we'll go with our usual one -- we have known each other since he was 12. He has always laughed, joked, and been goofy; I think and I hope to the heavens that those things will never stop and that I will always cherish them.

This Friday is special because today is Glen's birthday. Not only that, but the last time his birthday was on a Friday was the first time I gave him a birthday present. He was out on a group date all day, which translated into a Harry Potter marathon for me because my brother went on that date too. They were pretty much the only people I hung out with at the time. When quoting line-for-line became a little too embarrassing (only for the lack of audience), I decided to make Glen a present.
I ended up drawing a picture of us from a night he had worn his fake moustache to institute and we went home afterwards and took silly photos together. It was my "I like-like you" gift; so adorable I can hardly stand it.
So, obviously that date didn't lead to anything because I'm Mrs. Gray. Did the drawing tip him over the edge? Probably not. Did I give him an awesome 'like-like you' gift, duh.
And even though we can't find that drawing any longer and the fake moustache was mysteriously thrown away lost in the space-time continuum, I know that it doesn't matter. We are happy, healthy, in love, and filled with hope for our tomorrow. He gives my lungs breath and my smile meaning; there is no denying it.

With that super sappy introduction, here's some more in the form of high fives:

1. Glen always supports me, no matter the cost or time or effort. He is the spark that lights the fire of my hopes and dreams. I would have never finished college without him encouraging me and pushing me to go for it.

2. Glen is science to me. I don't foresee that changing. I am not really sure why I like this so much yet. It's just awesome that we're so not alike in that way, I suppose. He tells me how things work and I tell him Harry Potter facts. It's fun.

3. Glen has some serious brain activity going on. At first I thought it was annoying how he could get an A with D effort when I was teetering on B/B- with word-for-word lecture notes. As time went on and we moved into major classes, we stopped taking academic courses together and my jealousy subsided. Now, I appreciate the fact that he was free to help me or just spend time with me during what would have been hectic semesters for any normal-brained human.It made our experience in Hawai'i sweeter.

4. Glen is a man of service. On his birthday (today), we woke up early so I could drop him off at the hospital to volunteer in the ER. We have some down time right now, relaxing and making our Halloween costumes together, and in a little bit we'll go over to the temple to volunteer there until night falls and the day is over.

5. Glen loves me. Like a ton. He is forever trying to make me happy and my days brighter. There is no greater high five than love from my husband.

Aloha Friday and the happiest of birthdays to my Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment