I don't actually know how to explain my feelings about it because they aren't very clear to me still. Without sounding too philosophically inept, I'll just say I am looking for a job, but it feels good (both spiritually and otherwise) to not have one at the moment. Enjoying HI hasn't been nearly as exciting and relaxed as it is right now.
Now, hold on to your seats. We're going back in time.
November '13
This beautiful piece of art is just a drinking cup at Opal's in Hale'iwa. Thai food like never before tasted. Seriously though, it's like a fusion of different kinds of food to get to this; according to Mark anyway. I've only had Thai food here and maybe two other places knowingly. I'm not an expert on it, but this place is fantastic. And I want their cups.
Another fun experience at this place, we ate sting ray that day! It was deliciously crunchy on the outside with a surprisingly soft, smooth texture within.
We went to the he'iau (one of the many agricultural temples in HI) and watched Waimea not breaking.
Thanksgiving day. We cooked, ate, relaxed, and slack-lined.
December '13
My last night in the accounting lab as a tutor, Ben decided to really send me off right with a great outfit choice.
The story goes, we were studying together pretty much that whole day, went home for dinner, and came back to the lab. Nerds match after they eat sometimes.
Pipe Masters was fantastic. A great way to be like, "Hey last semester! Yeah, you! Catch ya never."
Kelly Slater was rocking those barrels like a valiant, pungent reindeer King! The waves were dying down by this time, but he definitely knew how to pick 'em.There were said to have been over 10,000 people on the beach that day. It felllllt like it!
We stayed for around eight hours and got about four free shirts that day. Success stories all around these parts.
Merry Christmas! Our ward Christmas party was a ton of fun and Santa came!
Disneyland!!! Look at that kid in front of the trash cans. He's just smashing leaves and having the best time. "Why pay to have him go into the park," Ma & Pa say, "when he can just stay out here and smash leaves all day while we have fun inside?" But seriously, his parents... where are they?
Vi & Ben came and hung out with us all night! You seriously need to go to D-land and get on that Indiana Jones ride. It will amaze and may inspire you to change your life. Especially if these two can make it even better :) Love them.
By the way, my feet were FREEZING! I haven't needed regular shoes for a while so I just haven't had any. The necessity was obvious this night; I got some for Christmas.
And I'll sign off with a beautiful sight of Juanitas and me. She warms hearts in the middle of a cold cold winter. I bet she could save the world with a single flick of her wrist. If only she had one.

No comments:
Post a Comment