Okay, so this post really makes it look like I wear the red pants Glen got me E-VER-Y day... which is not completely a lie because I enjoy them so much. Almost every picture where my legs are visible, there is red. But every day? Certainly not.
At least I have different tops on...
Christmas:
Jaydyn is pretty much the reason I live now. She is the new definition for adorable. Look it up.
We had a wonderful Christmas with our family and friends. Glen made me Smashball paddles and a cutting board. He is just the best husband. We went bowling, got haircuts by Marinda, got sick on Christmas and didn't get better until we were back in warm, sunny Hawaii, and just hung out for as long as our eyes would stay open;which did not help the afore mentioned sickness.
It was my first time playing Settler's of Qatan and I totally rocked that island. 75% of the time, I won every time. My favorite present that we gave was to Bruce & Marinda: Sauce.
For some reason, Hawaii has an enormous amount of sauce specialists... they sell at Costco.
They give you samples of each kind and then you realize you've invested too much time at their table to just walk away empty-handed.
So, we don't. And we're happy about it. Probably.
Disneyland:
We went to Car's Land! Luigi's Tires was my favorite ride. Most people don't get the concept and run aground from their excessive leaning though. Follow what the signs have shown you! I fell out of my seat because we hit the wall so hard; while most others were stuck in the middle of the field going in small, not fun circles. You waited in an hour-long line to NOT follow what the signs that were staring you in the face were telling you to do?
Oh well, you can't win them all, I guess. Unless you can, then they're just not that bright.
In Disneyland, we fed ducks out of our hands :) There was this one annoying duck that always wanted more when the other ones hadn't had any. Doesn't know satisfaction or when he is not wanted, poor guy.
We love this place.
Genealogy:
Glen and I have been on somewhat of a weird genealogy kick recently. It all started with this scholarship that I can get if I prove my Hawaiian ancestry. So, it started with greed, but ended up in the right place... I think. We have been going through censuses and all sorts of legal documents to figure it out.
Top Left:
The U.S. census from 1910 showing that my great, great grandparents were in the Polynesian community of Iosepa, UT. My great, great grandpa had been working on the Salt Lake City Temple and then moved to Iosepa until he was called to go back to Hawaii to help build the Laie Temple (shortly after this census) with most others in that community.
Bottom Left:
The middle guy standing there (in Iosepa) is my great grandpa, Archie Kennison. He was helping to build a road .
Bottom Right:
A death certificate for my great, great grandparent's first son, Leonard. He died of Pneumonia at four months.
Top Right:
My great, great grandma (the one who was in that 1910 census), is buried in the town I live in. It was awesome to actually be able to go and see the person's grave whom we had been doing all of this scouring the internet over. I definitely recommend it.
Just Life:
We went to the Vans Triple Crown before we left for Christmas and saw three boards break. On our flight back home, one of our bags got damaged and I was super bummed because it was my favorite. But then, we got a new bag (red... like my pants).
AND, I fit in it :) So, that's fun.
We went to Waimea when we got back to watch the waves because they were breaking over 20 feet. We weren't allowed to go in the water, so we dug out a sand chair and had fun watching people get yelled at by the lifeguards for getting too close.
Happy Valentines Day in two weeks :)
And remember, don't lean excessively = fun.
Aloha!





I love your red pants too! I have a pair with polk dots and I adore them! Glad to see you and Glen are doing well, we miss you guys!!! hopefully our trips to Califronia will overlap next time!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely hope so! You're little guy is growing up without knowing us at all! We should plan a beach day if you guys go to CA this summer when we do :)
Delete