It's October!
Our birthdays are in a week practically!
School is kicking our trash into overdrive.
Plus Glen's job makes his days on campus 10 hours some days!
It has given me a lot of time to be a housewife though,
which turns out is pretty awesome.
General Conference.
My favorite talk was The Power of Scripture by Richard G. Scott.
He inspired me to memorize scriptures and other works
of the church like the Family Proclamation.
I hope to memorize the F.P. by the end of the year...
If school will ever let up!
My favorite talk was The Power of Scripture by Richard G. Scott.
He inspired me to memorize scriptures and other works
of the church like the Family Proclamation.
I hope to memorize the F.P. by the end of the year...
If school will ever let up!
We didn't wake up for the 6 am broadcast.
We didn't see this Laie, HI special thing in the middle...
What was it about?
Paul Brewer (neighbor from CA)
is here with his awesome daughter Keilana; she's so cute.
He grew up in Laie and is visiting for a couple of weeks.
We've been having fun hanging out with someone that actually
knows what to do around here.
I thought it was going to be super easy to just go out and do
things everyday because it's Hawaii, but I was wrong.
Because we haven't had someone to show us where to go,
it's hard to find those places on your own.
All of our friends are new here too.
And they all work and go to school.
So they don't really know anything besides touristy stuff,
which gets old, believe it or not.
We went to Castle's Beach, a bit North of where we live.
Glen got to take our surfboard out for the first time.
The waves were lame, but he still saw 2 sea turtles.
I was playing with Keilana in shallow waters and in the sand!
We also went to the Kahuku High School football game.
They're supposed to be good. Always.
They didn't let us down. They pounded Castle's team by the half.
We left because it started pouring rain.
A couple of weeks ago, it was our friend, Tim's birthday!
He loves fishing, so we went to a fishing/gun expo
down on the Southeast side of the island.
It turned out to be more of just a gun expo than fishing.
And I was really happy.
I mean, fishing's fun, but looking at poles and talking about them?
I'll pass...out.
It was so cool!!
There's this club in Hawaii for people that are really into the cowboy era.
When you join, you pick an alter ego from that time period
and dress up as them whenever there's a convention or meeting.
They have a ton of really amazing old guns
and they love sharing each gun's history with anyone that'll listen.
Civil War Cartridge Rifle .69 Caliber
We got to shoot some pretty awesome guns.
I've decided that the Colt .45 revolver is my kind of gun.
I want one of those, except they weren't selling and I didn't have money anyway:)
Colt .45 Caliber
There were muzzle loaders too!It's like a real pirate gun.
All of this smoke billowing out of every shot.
The video doesn't give it justice really, but the old guy makes up for it.
It's super good and super easy!
I mixed two recipes that I found online and it turned out to be the
best apple crisp Glen and I had ever tasted!
We went out to eat at G Sushi in Honolulu.
It was tasty, but the best part was that the food just came around on little boats!
It was fun and pretty cheap too.
In recent news though, I went to KMH for an office visit.
It is a locally-based accounting firm.
It was really fun, I won some prizes from games we played,
and we got lost on the streets of Honolulu afterward.
Too many one-way streets and crazy tourists in Honolulu.
The countryside's way better.

My mom went to Castle high. I wish I still had a the Kahuku hoodie that was bought for me but I gave it away somewhere in the past. We miss you guys so much!!! It's not the same without you. When we come to visit you sometime next year please take us to the sushi that floats by on a boat. That sounds awesome!
ReplyDelete