We both have lots to do and Glen is starting his job
on campus soon.
He's going to be a research assistant.
I'm hoping to get a similar job,
but not in scientific things because they boggle
my mind; a junior accountant is what I'm shooting for,
but I have no experience so doubted.
Probably as an assistant to a counselor.
This place, Kahuku Grill, is amazing!
They have burgers that will literally blow
your mind away with sheer tastiness.
We've been twice, wanted to go every week,
but it is expensive to eat out so we have
abstained.
This is Pounder's beach...I'm guessing you can figure out the place name meaning.
It's a beach with waves
(although not properly shown in this particular depiction).
...The waves pound you into the reef/sand bottom.
We shall start out on our surfboard somewhere else.
This is the Pali Lookout.
History Lesson: Kamehameha was the (awesome) man
who united the islands and was the first
all-encompassing King of the Hawaiian Islands.
He won it by fighting many battles,
this place is where he fought his last.
The Kamehameha warriors backed up the opposition to a cliff
(the Pali Lookout)
and instead of surrendering and/or dying they leaped off the cliff.
So, now it's famous.
The wind was strong!
I lost my hat twice and my hair wasn't fully untangled for two days.
It is (obviously) beautiful.
They look so FLUFFY!
One of the clusters of chicks were on a ledge
eating bugs with their mama.
The wind tossed one over the edge of the 4-foot
retaining wall for the garden area and it couldn't get
back up without help.
Glen and this other man cornered it
so that Glen could pick it up and put it back.
I was pretty mad that it wasn't me.
...He's already held some before!
Next time.
We went fishing at Turtle Bay Resort with our friends
Tim (below - with the fish) and Ruthi.
Tim's crazy about fishing, literally. CRAZY.
He does it like everyday besides Sunday.
It's nice to have free sushi and all, but
I would say it's out of hand.
I played on the reef and looked for creatures in holes.
Gorgeous place to be.
They caught "two" humuhumus,
but Glen and I think it was just the same
hungry fish.
I guess they really love bread because
that's what we were casting out with.
This is delicious, magnificent cinnamon swirl bread.
You may recognize this from Kneaders
restaurants in Utah and wherever else they are.
If you want the recipe, I'd be overjoyed
to share this wondrous creation.
Best french toast ever!
And the syrup recipe.
Oh my.
Superior.
We love you all.












I want the recipe. It sounds great. I loved looking at all your pictures. I'm so glad that you are having such a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete