The baby and I are still one and this is life.
11/29 - Overdue 01: We're cleaning and organizing our room still, so maybe it's not so bad to go over a little. We went to Cinema City with the boys to see Moana and it was so cute! The baby was extremely active the entire show -- probably because I hadn't eaten dinner beforehand and the baby does not like when I do that. Glen says it recognized its ancestry which I practically cried over. We almost went to The Hat for chili cheese fries at around 10 PM, but decided to skip spending money and make it with tater tots that need to get out of the freezer anyway (to make room for milk storage -- hey-o).
11/30 - Overdue 02: Still cleaning/organizing and now I'm trying to figure out payments and stuff for maternity leave stipulations, which is probably more boring and stressful than I could have anticipated. But, Doctor Strange at 2:45 in the AMC comfy seats has my afternoon looking quite nice. I started the alphabet book for the baby and feel like everything is finally settling down and I can relax a bit about everything. Nothing is happening still; if you were wondering like me.
12/01 - Overdue 03: Getting used to the whole sleeping in thing at this point and I love it just as much as I remembered. Nothing to report other than the baby's still in there and I've still not felt an inkling of birth.
12/02 - Overdue 04: Doctor's appointments today to get adjusted (chiropractor), see if baby can handle being overdue (Non-Stress Test), and if there's enough liquid in there to keep it cooking (ultrasound). The NST was super fun and I was semi-hoping to wait until this day because I wanted see what it was all about. I sat in a recliner in a small room with Glen sitting in an uncomfortable looking chair across from me. The nurse put two monitors on me and searched around for the heartbeat. I had to push it into my tummy the whole test because it couldn't pick up the beat otherwise -- my hand got so tired by the end of that 20 minutes haha! A little while in, Glen made me laugh and the machine was so loud that I had to take the bottom node (for the heartbeat) off so the machine didn't explode. After chastising him and letting him know that jokes aren't okay, he told another one, but I resisted almost all laughter. About half way through, the baby noticed the top monitor and kicked it the rest of the test. Over and over and over. It was probably the cutest thing it's done in this life so far. It was so fun to hear our baby dancing around in there -- it felt like an awakening to the relationship we will have very soon (so soon! PLEASE!?). The nurse took the read out to our doctor and he said that everything looked fine, so no need to go across the street to labor & delivery. Mostly sweet, a tiny bit bitter news. We were glad to have had the opportunity. The ultrasound! Baby's head is still down and the body was going up my right side with the feet and hands near its face. The little profile is killer. I feel so grateful every time I get to see inside my womb to our posterity. There are so many things to be annoyed about -- stretching skin, needing help to get up, feeling hungry and tired always... -- but I don't mind when I think of the blessing that is in those discomforts. The strength and courage and faith that Glen and I have learned of in these almost ten months. I've broken down and then been built up by my husband and my Creator working as a remarkable team, supporting me. I love my marriage.
12/03 - Overdue 05: We had our Ward Christmas Party and everyone was playing the same round of 21 questions with us, which I didn't mind because obviously I'm still pregnant and that's weird. I expected this. The Meyer's are in town and the children were all asking to play and run around and do anything but sit, so they were mildly disappointed. Get used to it, ya feel? Bronson came in hot with the hello hug and head bonked the baby's butt pretty good. And also started yelling "elf poo" over and over because they had just gone on a walk around the neighborhood and they call the hanging balls elf poop. I was feeling a bit of a headache and my throat was hurting a little, so I just felt like being in a quiet place when we got home.
12/04 - Overdue 06: Church day. Wasn't feeling great in the morning, but decided on going to church anyway because it might be my last time for a little while -- pending recovery needs. We took a long nap after because I was feeling off. Woke up feeling much better and decided on going to choir practice for Stake Conference because baby likes singing and maybe it'd make it want to come out. Nothing happened. Again. I felt some back pains and stomach pains, but I don't think they were labor pains... I don't know. I was pretty excited over the possibility, but it was not to be. We took a shower and went to bed hoping something would happen before my appointment in the morning.
12/05 - Overdue 07: I had my last doctor's appointment pre-birth this morning and we scheduled my induction process for tonight. I still had no cervical dilation and haven't felt contractions (pretty sure anyway). The rest of the day was filled with crying and laundry and trying not to freak out and crying some more. Mostly, we tried to focus on getting our room ready for coming home and me being out of commission in here and not hating it. Bruce is coming over after work to assist Glen in administering a blessing on me before we leave for the hospital. We have had so many people voice their support and love for us in these last hours before the craziness begins and we are very grateful. One last secondary application to get out and then we're off after a lasagna dinner and a pit stop at Yogurtland. Pray for us.



No comments:
Post a Comment