The weekend before last, we had a little weekend getaway with friends out in Murrieta, CA. The ladies spent the morning of Saturday shopping for our food supply and we may have taken a little longer than planned, but no one complained after the meals were on the table. We frantically packed and got to the ranch with just enough time to watch sunset from the beautiful deck and ride around on the John Deere haha.
Most of us **cough Vi cough** had cheeseburgers that night with the american slices we found in the fridge... they were a few years old and tasty. No one got sick. Glen and I also made pineapple habenero salsa for a side/weekend snack. That night, we had a bonfire equipped with delicious s'mores. About an hour into it, we heard a coyote and it sounded pretty close. The guys got excited, grabbed the BB guns in the upstairs closet, and ran out the door with the Gator keys. They were gone for.e.ver. The girls stayed in and watched Lion King, did yoga, and had a massage party. Smiles all around.
Sunday, we went to church and it was an awesome ward! They were all asking incessantly if we were moving in to stay -- Mormons, always looking for some more people to serve on a long-term basis, ya know? Glen and I had to do laundry after church because in the scramble to pack, I left our garments on our computer desk. Yay, me! We read scriptures and talked gospel until it was done. We had an amazing dinner of carne asada soft tacos, Mexican rice, a bunch of salsas, and a really good watermelon! Most people had homemade peach cobbler and homemade whipped cream for dessert, but I'm not too into that, plus I ate like a billion tacos. Also, I knew there were s'mores in my near future because we were talking about them all day (fast Sunday will do that). After dinner, we shot BB's at water bottles, a wood plank, graham cracker box, and some unripe grapefruit as the sun went down. After the bonfire that followed the shooting, we played Idiot and watched Pocahontas. We found some night-vision goggles and wanted to play hide-and-seek with them, but never got passed creepy-face staring haha.
I woke up early-ish Monday to do some yoga on the deck. It was peaceful and amazing and I want a ranch with a sweet deck and a Gator and a bonfire pit and all my friends living nearby. That'll have to wait until we all die though because that's just too much to ask for. Glen and I rode around in the Gator picking fruit and trying to remember it all before packing up and heading out.
A mighty thanks to the Mayan family and all of our old and new friends! Let's do it again in a month or two ;)
Aloha



















No comments:
Post a Comment