23 November 2014

High Five for Friday on a Sunday

I was too busy napping at the beach or in business meetings this weekend, so I didn't get this done in time. So, I suppose what I'm really saying is life is good.

1. Being in a place of such diversity, it isn't very hard to find someone of a different culture who is willing to teach you about it. Prince is from Ghana, he was in a couple of my accounting classes nearing the end of my degree-getting days at BYUH. Him and our friend Shawn (who can be found here and is still single by the way) came over after church last Sunday and we cooked until way passed sundown. We learned how to cook Ghana-style Jollof rice and chicken. It was delicious and next-day-Jollof-rice is 10 times better if you can believe it. In true Ghana-style, you cook all of your food on the first night of the week and that's why our 25# bag of rice is now only half full. So amazing... we were afraid we wouldn't be able to use most of it before leaving. Two birds with one stone kind of deal. This is Shawn pretending like he did a single thing for this dinner haha. And Prince is behind him actually prepping and cooking.

2. I started decorating for Christmas. I know, it's completely shameful and so annoying, but I just had to. I was cutting out fall leaves and thinking about drawing some turkeys or maybe more leaves and just was not feeling it. Ya know? And then, we went to Walmart and bought Christmas lights... not even the white ones just straight up colors. You are not as surprised as I am, I can let you know that right now. It was so embarrassing when I put them up the next day too! And then, as I basked in their colorful light that night and all the nights after, I realized how happy I am about it. And then, I put up more decorations. Ah! But I am stalwart (so far) in not allowing Christmas music/movies to reign supreme. So, there's that.

3. We saw Interstellar on a mid-week date. Even though we had heard many favorable critiques on the film, low expectations always do a heart good. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we both liked it.

4. Last Saturday we went Leeward and had a wonderful day. I'll be posting about it a little later.


5. It was supposed to rain and thunderstorm pretty much all week and it didn't. Like not even for a minute, which is so weird. It was a little disappointing; we love both of those things, but it was mostly just amazing. I slept on beaches and played in the glorious rays of the day. It was a beautiful week.

Thanksgiving countdown is in four days. What the close!?

Aloha Sabbath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment